With the goal of bringing more diversity to the world of Accounting, the Foster School of Business is hosting the Fostering Inclusive Futures in Accounting Weekend. The event will take place from March 31st – April 2nd, 2023, on the University of Washington campus.
In its inaugural year, the Fostering Inclusive Futures in Accounting weekend is designed to increase access to historically marginalized communities into accounting. The graduate Accounting programs at the Foster School of Business will host current undergraduate Accounting students from colleges and universities around the country at the UW Seattle campus to learn more about the Northwest’s premier Master of Professional Accounting (MPAcc) and Master of Science in Taxation (MST) programs.
Through generous gifts from individuals and Seattle area companies, the selected participants will have all costs associated with meals, lodging, and travel paid for. There should be no financial barriers to come between interested students and their goals.
During the Fostering Inclusive Futures in Accounting Weekend, students will:
- Connect with faculty, alumni, corporate sponsors, and professionals representing the diversity of the Seattle accounting community.
- Create space to discuss the unique challenges and opportunities for under-represented minorities in accounting.
- Consult with our Career Services team and industry recruiters.
- Learn about structure and content of our graduate programs and scholarship opportunities.
- Tour the UW campus.
- Network with local accounting and industry leaders.
- Consider whether Seattle could be the best fit for their future goals.
To learn more or apply, visit the Fostering Inclusive Futures in Accounting Weekend website. Schedule a one-on-one virtual meeting or attend an info session. Deadline to apply is January 15th, 2023. If you know of anyone who may benefit from this weekend, please pass the information, and if you would like to contribute to our efforts to increase diversity in Accounting, you may donate here.