The annual “Management Department Productivity Ranking” tallies total contributions to the eight most influential scholarly journals in the discipline of management, and ranks business schools across the United States and Canada according to the number of those contributions attributed to their faculty members.
In the year 2015, faculty in the Foster School’s Department of Management & Organization published 15 papers in top management journals. This includes three in the Academy of Management Journal, three in Organization Science, two in Academy of Management Review, two in Administrative Science Quarterly, two in the Journal of Applied Psychology, two in the Strategic Management Journal, and one in Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes.
In an aggregate of the past five years of Management Department Productivity Rankings, the Foster School is listed 9th in North America.
Top 10 in Management Research Productivity (2015)
1. University of Pennsylvania (Wharton)
2. Arizona State University (Carey)
3. Penn State University (Smeal)
4. Michigan State University (Broad)
5. University of Washington (Foster)
5. University of North Carolina (Kenan-Flagler)
7. Columbia University (Columbia)
7. University of Georgia (Terry)
9. Harvard University (Harvard)
9. University of Maryland (Smith)