Information for who receive Scholarship

Nhi-Huong Huynh, Fiscal Specialist

Some students will get scholarship either from government or sponsor and don’t know what steps to finalize their tuition coverage. Here are some information for those of you who receiving scholarship.

Receiving Scholarship from Government:

You must turn in a government agency purchase order, field order, contract, or sponsorship letter to Student Fiscal Services at the beginning of each quarter. Once this is received, your account will be credited and SFS will bill your sponsor.It will be your responsibility to pay the charges on your account if we do not receive payment from the government.

Receiving Scholarship from Sponsor:

You must be registered for classes for the current quarter before any funds can be released to your account. If you are not registered for the current quarter, the funds may be applied to a future quarter. You might need the breakdown cost and some other information that the sponsor might required you to submit.

If your sponsor is paying by check, the check must be made payable to the University of Washington. The check must be drawn on a U.S. Bank and payable in U.S. dollars.

If the sponsor requires that the check be made payable to both you and the University of Washington, the sponsor should mail the check directly to you for endorsement. After endorsing the check, mail or bring the check to the Student Fiscal Services Office.

Scholarship checks should be mailed to:

University of Washington – Scholarships
PO Box 24967
Seattle, WA 98124-1967

Please have the sponsor include the following information with the check:

  • Student name
  • UW student number or social security number
  • Quarter or academic year that the payment covers
  • Sponsor’s full address, including fax and email address if available

If you have further questions about the scholarship, please contact the scholarship service department by

Email: [email protected]

Phone: 206-543-4694

Fax: 206-616-2678 or 206-685-2942