With the 2016 Global Business Case Competition (GBCC) just around the corner, the dynamic team of student leaders organizing the competition are putting the finishing touches on plans for a jam packed week of international collaboration, engagement and education.
Every year GBCC has a unique personality and is brought to life by the students who work tirelessly to make it happen. This year is no exception – and is going to be a fantastic representation of the creativity and enthusiasm represented in the student leadership board who developed this endeavor statement and goals for the week:
We would like the 2016 Global Business Case Competition to be an experience where undergraduate business students are able to connect and build meaningful relationships, founded on a shared passion for cross-cultural business and a global mindset. By doing so, we hope to enhance the overall brand of the UW Michael G. Foster School of Business.
- Higher involvement among Foster students
- Increased familiarity of GBCC
- Build global networks
- Establish a fun and ambitious culture among GBCC leaders (co-chairs, managers & ambassadors)
The Global Business Center is pleased to introduce the 2016 GBCC Leadership Team:
- I’ve been addicted to Hot Cheetos since elementary school
- I can curl my tongue into a 3 leaf clover
- I tore my ACL playing basketball last November and just had surgery for it in March
- I’m born in Canada but never lived there and have a dual citizenship
- I cut my hair for the first time when I was 18
- I didn’t like chocolate as a kid (I know I was weird)
- I was born in Germany and lived there for the first five years of my life
- I’ve never broken a bone
- I teach skiing over breaks and weekends throughout the winter.
- I’m colorblind, but didn’t find out until I was 12
- I speak three languages fluently, and have also studied Japanese and Italian
- The first concert I ever went to was Britney Spears because my mom won tickets from a box of Eggo Waffles
- I can cut my own hair (Don’t mind all the bald spots you may find).
- I’m on the UW boxing team! *Insert Punch Emoji*
- I love Mexican food. Invite me over if you’re making enchiladas. *insert excited smiley face emoji*
- I lived in Hong Kong for 7 years, so I speak Cantonese!
- I just came back from study abroad in Peking University, where my dad also studied abroad in 1988
- I’m second cousins with Scottish actor Gerard Butler
- I’ve studied abroad both in France and India
- I actually like accounting. For real, I love it
- I just became an aunt this January
- I have never moved in my life yet I have been to all continents except Africa and Antarctica
- I learned how to read by myself when I was 2 years old
- I absolutely love karaoke and boba
- I’ve been to more countries than I have states
- I got to swim with whale sharks this winter break
- I’ve been on the French news as a part of an April Fool’s joke
- I’ve traveled to over 20 countries
- I’ve dressed up as eggs and bacon for Halloween. It was eggcelent
- I love squirrels and have a squirrel calendar