Mikaela Houck, Program Coordinator
Although Tuesday officially marked our early application deadline, we’re still eagerly working through admissions until the Sept. 1 final deadline. For those of you who are brainstorming recommender options, here are some tips to keep in mind:
1. We require two recommendations – no more, no less. Your application will not be considered complete until both recommendations are received. Please do not submit supplemental recommendations; they will not be reviewed.
2. One recommendation must come from your current supervisor. TMMBA is a very intensive program, so it’s important that your employer, and especially your supervisor, is onboard with and supportive of this rigorous commitment.
3. Your second recommender should be a professional reference. Whether it is someone working on your current team or a past colleague, the best person for the job is someone who knows you well and can personally speak to your attributes. Your recommender will be asked to touch upon your strengths, areas of improvement, and other personality characteristics (team skills, conflict management, leadership potential, etc), so be sure to ask someone who can provide specific and detailed examples.
4. You must designate both your recommenders via the online application. Recommenders have the option of submitting the recommendation electronically or via mail. If via mail, you can contact TMMBA for the recommendation evaluation pdf.
5. Track the submission status of your recommenders. As part of the online application, you can see once your recommendations have been submitted.
Questions about the letters of recommendation requirement? Don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected].