The TMMBA Program is pleased to announce that Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi) will be the 2014 TMMBA International Study Tour (IST) destination. The Study Tour allows students, alumni, staff and faculty to experience business and culture a different world environment through personal meetings with executives and senior managers, entrepreneurs, company visits, government agencies and cultural excursions. The IST allows students to apply what they have learned in the classroom to another business and cultural environment and to develop and grow the global mindset necessary to be successful in an international business environment. Participants also have a lot of fun as they learn more about each other and create friendships that will last a lifetime.
- Predicted to be one of the fastest-growing of the world’s emerging economies by 2025.
- Manufacturing, IT and high-tech industries now form a large and fast-growing part of the national economy.
- One of Asia’s most open economies. Economic reforms pushing toward a system of capitalism.
- U.S.-Vietnam Bilateral Trade Agreement opens up new markets for U.S. goods and services, and as Vietnam meets its WTO commitments, the Vietnam market represents the next great opportunity for all types of American companies.
- Privately owned enterprises encouraged, and entrepreneurship has played a significant role in the country’s growth rate, in line just behind China and India.
- Investment in infrastructure and tax incentives to stimulate the tech industry. Heavy investment in industry parks.
The IST is definitely a highlight of the program. Read more about the TMMBA International Study tour by reading student, alumni, staff and faculty blogs from previous trips.
This year we have a record number of students participating and we’ll open up a few spots to alumni as well. Should be another great International Study Tour!
Tracy Gojdics is the Director of the TMMBA Program and an alumna from the Class of 2007. Outside of the office you might find Tracy out hiking, running, reading, or spending quality time with her family. Tracy can be contacted at [email protected] or via phone at 206-616-2610.